By Frank Dorr
Yields: 8-12 bowls
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh shredded or grated ginger
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper
- Place large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, chopped onions, celery, ginger and garlic. Saute for 5-6 minutes to soften.
- Add chicken breasts, broth, carrots, apple cider vinegar, crushed red pepper, turmeric and 1 tsp salt to sauce pot.
- Bring to boil, lower the heat and simmer for 20+ minutes, until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Remove chicken from sauce pot and place them on a cutting board to cool.
- Add broccoli, peas and parsley to the pot. Continue to simmer to soften the broccoli.
- Shred the chicken breasts with two forks. Once shredded, stir chicken back into soup.
- Once broccoli is tender, add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!